Thursday, November 15, 2007

When A Baby Cries

It can be really tough when you put your baby to bed and they cry. All a mom wants to do is snuggle and hold him until he falls into a deep slumber. I realized early on that holding him just made him stay awake longer. It was worse if he woke up and I went in to pick him up. All your instincts say go get him. You sweat almost to go pick him up. I really enjoyed when he was a baby just a few months old and he would wake in the middle of the night and I had a reason to nurse him.
Now if he wakes up and I go get him I just make an event of the evening. We snuggle on the couch, he laughs at me, he tries to wriggle to go play with his toys. I take him up to his bed and it starts all over. Until I realize I need to let him fall asleep on his own. It's tough. When my husband is here, it's much easier. He tells me to let him fall asleep. He holds me back. Hah. I know its for the best.

No comments: