Monday, May 18, 2009

Peace in Turmoil

4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. 5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Phillipians

I never really quite knew the meaning of this verse until I experienced it last night. It's amazing how real scripture knocks you down when you suddenly realize what it means.

Last night after a long day of doing errands, making dinners, etc, I was putting my pj's on ready to retire for the evening. I felt something run down my leg. I thought it was weird so I went to the bathroom and it was blood. At six and a half months that is not something you want to see.

So I told my husband and he called his mom. I called my doctor.

She called me back and let me know she wanted me to come into the hospital.
When we were getting ready to leave I started freaking out crying, cussing, just losing my head. I was trying to hold it in because my 2 year old gets upset when I'm upset so I was quiet about it mostly. But I was about to lose it and then all of a sudden it was as if someone shot me with a tranquilizer gun and I was completely content and peaceful. I was actually giggly. It was really weird.

I went to the hospital and my husbands' mom met us there in case she needed to take our toddler home for the night. We had no idea.

I sat there for an hour while they monitored the baby and I was telling my mother in law what happened to me and she said that everyone was at home praying.

When I told my mom about it she said Liz, this is the place where this verse comes in. A peace that passes all understanding.

Amazing. I was totally grateful for my Lord and the sheer power of prayer and the love in my life all around me I'm protected from myself and all my sin.

Don't ever waste that or take that for granted. If you say you are going to pray for someone, that is nothing to take lightly, or if someone asks you to pray for them.

It's serious and amazing.

Our God is an awesome God.

So today we have an ultrasound to see what it was and try to figure what my fate will be for the next few months.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: