Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mysterious Ways


THIS IS ARTIE.
Yesterday I went to spend the day with my mother-in-law. She is amazing. We were sitting outside while my two year old was playing ball in the yard. A west highland terrier was prancing down the road hiking his leg up on mailboxes. He didn't have any tags or a leash so we got ahold of him and tied him up with some water. I took him to a local animal vet and had his microchip scanned. Nothing. I gave him a flea pill so in case I took him home, I wouldn't get unexpected company. He was an amazing dog. Very laid back, didn't bark, and just sat down in the car. I took him home after a bath and brush. Set him up in the kitchen and waited for his owner to claim him. I had visions of if he would be part of our family, but didn't get too excited. I'm going to have our second son next week.

A call came in just after I made dinner and it was his owner. She was very grateful that he had such care. She gave my 2 year old a little westie toy and me a card. After they left, I opened it. It was a $50 bill and card saying thanks.

My husband, two year old and I went out for ice cream, got some curtains, and a candyland game. We also needed some groceries so that helped out so much. It's amazing how God works. He provides just when we need for exactly what he knows we need. It was nice to be able to do that and have my mind on the dog and fun for a day.

No comments: