Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mind Play Tricks

No matter how much confidence we gain from the things we do, acquire, or learn about ourselves, there is always that nagging negativity that creeps in here and there.

The kind that begins as a small voice and if you allow it will grow into possibly an anxiety attack. Guess what? Most of the time it's baseless. You may have a feeling about how something came off, but really? Is it even there? Conspiracy theories, insecurities all of these things rip us ladies of our energy. It's not necessary.

I am learning to conquer a lot of this stuff by a few excercises.

1. Recognize the voice when it begins. Tell it out loud shut up or stop.
(eventually this will trick you into listening and attacking it back)
2. Combat the issue before it becomes one. Whomever told you something or looked at you a certain way. Just confront them. This is tough. Most of the time we even are in that situation is a lack of communication from us. Just ask what they meant or where it came from. Most of the time this diffuses it immediately and should be the first thing done.

3. Have a trusted friend to vent to when you get that way if its' out of control. In love they should help you figure out that its not anything you should worry about.

I'm sharing this because I have been tackling a lot of things in my mind because I have the time and trying to be a better person overall. Almost all my anxiety is gone based on having God at the center of my life. He gives me a peace that passes all my understanding.

My husband is really good at helping me realize a lot of what I come up with is too much thinking into it. For example.

I will sit here and look at peoples actions and go hmm..Was that directed at me?
A few situations have occurred lately and instead of focusing on the positive parts I'm looking at what may have been. With later dealings, realizing it was all for not.

The other part is your worth. My husband said a wonderful thing to me that I wrote and hung up next to my computer. I was wondering if I was a good enough friend to people and wondering why I didn't have more...etc..etc...

He said Liz,

Any person would be lucky to have you as a friend.

How is that for worth? Amazing. I encourage all of you to knock that off today. Use the things I shared as excercises and see how much more content you are in your day.

Love

1 comment:

Roxy said...

so true...thanks for sharing